With the final months of the year upon us, and Christmas just around the corner, to be followed by New Year celebrations and impending “sad” weather, it is important to think about how best you can stay fit and active through the darker evenings and colder weather.
We usually find we are running around, trying to fit everything into our busy lives and this time of year it always seems so much more busy, and therefore so much more stressful.
De-stressing and winding down on a daily basis will help keep your mind, body and soul healthier than if you simply continue going until you are ready to explode! Binge stressing is as bad for you as binge drinking, and de-stressing and detoxifying your body in preparation for winter is something that we can all do from the comfort of our own homes, or indeed the comfort of Therapies at Wootton Fields (truly relaxing). With our various therapies available, as well as our beauty treatments in Northampton, you’ll be able to pick something perfect for you.
Our top tips to de-stress on a daily basis include:
1) A warm bath. There is nothing more relaxing than relaxing in a warm bath with some lavender or chamomile bubbles to help soothe those aches and pains away, and help clear your mind of everyday stuff.
2) Time for a cuppa. Just taking the time out to sip a cup of chamomile tea is often enough to help you unwind, especially in the middle of the day, when you mind is thinking about what else you need to do.
3) Head Massage. We love having our head massaged here at TAWF in Northampton, and a head, neck and shoulder massage will help relieve the tension and knots that have built up over time.
4) Aromatherapy Massage. Supplementing a massage with essential oils designed for detoxification and relaxation is something we think should be on everyone’s Christmas Wish List.
5) Read a book. Honestly, when you read a book, your mind starts to focus on the words rather than your life and its takes a break.
6) Go for a walk. Fresh air is incredibly good for clearing out the cobwebs. In addition to the health benefits of the fresh air, regular movement has been proven to improve mobility, heart rate, blood pressure and more. Put your walking boots on and try it – 10 minutes fast walking if you can, but even a 20 minute stroll will work wonders for you.
If you want to unwind, de-stress and pamper yourself, or you know someone who really deserves the gift of time to themselves, please contact us to discuss which treatment would suit you best.