I am a BACP Registered Psychotherapist, experienced working in a number of different settings, including independent healthcare, the NHS, Secure services and schools
My multiple years working in acute mental health care settings has allowed me to work closely and therapeutically with a wide range of mental health struggles including Depression, anxiety, Schizophrenia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), eating disorders, self-harm and suicide.
Alongside my independent practice, I work within the NHS, providing support to people with severe and enduring mental health difficulties including women with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder (EUPD)
Another passion of mine is providing emotional support to young people, I have developed and managed a school counselling service, which has stood me in good stead for individualising my practice for young people.
Other projects I have worked on include providing drug and alcohol counselling in the community and establishing a community based monthly wellbeing event in Milton Keynes.
I know how hard it can be to engage in therapy, how vulnerable it can feel to share your story with someone new. I hope I can provide a space where you feel safe and comfortable as well as a place for growth and developing self-awareness
My passion is to promote self-care and aid people to discover more about themselves. I advocate for therapy to be used as a tool to support all people in the maintenance of mental health and wellbeing and not just when times feel hard.
- October 2020 (currently ongoing) – Level 5 Advanced Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Langley Training Centre)
- 2017 – Level 4 Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Aylesbury College)
- 2014 – Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (Aylesbury College)
- 2008 – BSc Psychology and Forensic Investigation (Canterbury Christchurch University)
- Professional Registrations & Memberships:
- British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy – MBACP 374018
- Main Therapeutic Approaches
- Person Centered Therapy (PCT)
- Transactional Analysis (TA)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioural-informed Therapy (DBT)
Please contact Elizabeth to book your appointment at Therapies:
Tel: 01604 432966